- According to Isaiah 41:8, who is the ”servant” in Isaiah 42:1?
- According to Matthew 12:18, who is the servant?
- How is the servant characterized in verses 1-4?
- The term “islands” in verse 4 refers to distant lands, likely inhabited by Gentiles and not Jews. How does this verse help in your understanding of the “servant?”
- Luke 2:28-32 quotes verse 6. What is the context in the Luke passage? How does this clarify Jesus’ mission?
- Verses 8-9 moves the emphasis from Jesus to God the Father. How are these two verses connected to the seven that come before it?