Small Group Questions
- In 1 John 2:28 many translations say that we are to look forward to Christ’s “return,” as if He were very far off. In the original language, the word means “appear or make visible.” How does this change the meaning of the verse?
- According to 1 John 2:28-29, what is the promise for all those still on earth when Christ appears?
- In 1 John 3:1-10, what are the characteristics (present and future) of God’s children?
- In verse 2, it says that we will “be like” Christ. In what way?
- What is the benefit of being reminded of our glorious future?
- If it is impossible to be sinless in this life, what do you think John is saying in verse 6?
- Read verse 7. What are some of the deceptive things that John is referring to?
- What are some ways that you can remain in fellowship (or stay close) to Jesus Christ?
- Read 1 John 3:4-5 and explain these two verses in your own words.
- Read verses 7-10. What are some of the ways you can tell if a person is a Christian?
- This passage talks about being a good person and not sinning. Is this what makes you a Christian, or is there more? What is it?