- In verse 18, John distinguishes between “the” antichrist, and “many” antichrists. What is the difference?
- What are the characteristics of an “antichrist?”
- How does John instruct his disciples to protect themselves from the antichrists?
- According to verse 22, who is the liar? List the different ways someone can deny Jesus Christ.
- Read verse 24. What does it look like (in a practical way) to “remain” in the Son and the Father.
- Why do you think “new” versions of Christianity are appealing to people?
- If “anti” means “against,” then what does the word “antichrist” mean?
- Verse 19 talks about the people who left the church and were teaching people wrong things about Jesus. What does verse 22 say about them?
- If we believe in Jesus (the Son), then what does verse 23 says is true? What if we don’t believe in Jesus?
- Read verse 25. What does Jesus promise us? What does this mean?