When we make decisions about what we do, anything we do, in any aspect of our lives, we make these decision based on values. When we are dealing with making decisions in ministry we must also make these decisions based on values. These values help us choose between good, better, and best.
- Focus: Does this help us focus in on sharing the good news, equipping people in their faith journey, and living life to the full in God’s grace?
- Leadership: Will our volunteers, middle schoolers, or high schoolers grow in their leadership skills as a result?
- Ownership: Will this build ownership among the parents, children, youth, and volunteers?
- Adaptability: Are we adapting our methods to reach the next generation?
- Team: Will this foster greater community and relationship? Will it draw more people into the ministry?
- Scope: Are we expanding God’s kingdom? Will this reach out to those outside of our community?