Small Group/Interact Questions
1. Verse 26 says, “Let us make man in our image.” Who else besides God had a part in making mankind? (Hint – look at Genesis 1:2 and Colossians 1:15-16) What implications does this have?
2. What responsibility do humans have in the world?
3. Read verse 27. If God is a spirit (in other words, He doesn’t have a body), in what ways are we like Him?
4. Murder is the ultimate disregard of the image of God in mankind. How does Matthew 5:21-22 connect this heinous act to other, less drastic behaviors?
5. Recall the last time you called someone a “fool” or an “idiot” because of something they said or did. What was the reason? How were you dehumanizing them?
6. What steps can you take today to honor others as God’s image bearers (regardless of how much you may disagree with them)?