Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Chapter 28 begins a new section that is continued through Chapter 29. What is the theme?
- Verse 1 identifies Jerusalem as “Ariel” which means “altar/hearth,” or the place of an ever-burning fire. Fire can be purifying and destructive, so how is does this name fit God’s people?
- Verses 11-12 present a metaphor of the people in Jerusalem. What is the point?
- Verse 13 is quoted in Matthew 15:7 and Mark 7:6. Describe the context in which Jesus uses this phrase.
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-25. How does the Apostle Paul use Isaiah 29:14?
- Paul also quotes verse 16 in Romans 9:19. What is the message in that passage?
- When you combine today’s passage with the three quotations from the New Testament, what does it say about God? Jesus? You?