- Who wrote this Psalm? Given what you may know about the author’s life, what do you think the circumstances were when he wrote this?
- Verses 1-2 show two distinct struggles the author is having. What are they?
- Does verse three sound pretentious? Would you ever talk to God like this?
- Describe the shift between verses 1-4 and 5-6.
- How do you typically observe grief? How does the author’s cry of “how long” describe you?
- What seems to be God’s design when it comes to grief? How easily do we embrace it?
- How many times does this Psalm say “how long?”
- In verse 1, what is the author worried about?
- What is the author worried about in verse 2?
- How are verses 1-4 different from verses 5-6?
- What does it mean that his “heart rejoices in your salvation?” (v. 5)
- Think of a time when you were really, really sad. What made you feel better?