Small Group/Interact Questions
- The context of Revelation 3:20 is a letter to the church in Laodicea. What is the charge Jesus brings against this church?
- How are the people of the Laodicean church described? What similarities do you notice in yourself and the modern church?
- Verse 19 is understood by most Christians, but often ignored. Why?
- Explain why verses 19 and 20 go together?
- Obviously Jesus doesn’t have to stand at the door and knock (He can go in anytime He wants!) – why does He?
- How do you reconcile Ephesians 2:8-9 (salvation is completely up to God) and Revelation 3:20 (humans must “answer” the door)?
- Revelation 3:20 is part of a letter written to the church in a town called Laodicea. Take a few moments to read the whole story (3:14-3:22).
- What does verse 14 say about Jesus?
- What does verse 17 say about the people in the church?
- Why would Jesus stand at the door and knock if He was powerful enough just to go right in?
- Have you let Jesus into your life?