Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Easter Sunday –
Small Group Questions
- How long was the journey to Emmaus? How long do you think the men were with Jesus?
- What was the general attitude of the two men? Does their explanation in verses 19-24 justify their mindset?
- What were they doing when “their eyes were opened?” How does this connect to the Lord’s Supper?
- Verse 27 indicates that Jesus Christ is evident throughout the Old Testament. Can you think of a few verses that illustrate this?
- Describe some ways the two men “made room” for Jesus.
- Compare verse 34 with verses 22-24. They obviously knew the facts but weren’t convinced. Why?
- What does Easter mean to you? What is important about this day?
- Read verse 13. Where were the men going? How far was it?
- What were the two men talking about before Jesus joined them?
- Look at verses 30-31. What was Jesus doing when the men recognized Him?
- Read verses 33-35. What did the men tell the other disciples? Why did it take so long for them to know this?