Small Group Questions
- According to verses 1-4, how are we to “test” the spirits?
- Where do you see the “spirit of the antichrist” in the world today?
- The truth of verse 4 is powerful. How do we keep this in the forefront of our minds and hearts?
- In verses 7-21, the word love occurs 27 times. What is the connection between God’s love and human love?
- In verses 8 and 16, John says that “God is love.” What makes this more than just an abstract statement (see verses 9-11)?
- What is our love – or lack of love – evidence of?
- Read verses 16-18. How does love drive away fear?
- Read verse 2. How can you recognize the Spirit of God?
- According to verse 7, where does love come from?
- Read verses 11-12. What happens when we love each other?
- In verse 18, John talks about being afraid. What does it say?