- What contrasts does John draw between darkness and light?
- What deceptions does John warn against?
- What are some ways we deceive ourselves about sin?
- Read verses 8-9. How does confession of sin bring an end to deception?
- Read John 2:1-2. How is having Jesus Christ plead your case before God radically different from you pleading your own case?
- In this passage, John give us a difficult reality to face, along with some very good news. How are they both a comfort, and how do they work together?
- If God is light (verse 5), the what does the darkness stand for?
- Verses 6 and 7 are a little confusing. What does it mean to “walk” in light or darkness?
- According to verses 8 and 10, if you don’t think you are a sinner, then what are you?
- Look closely at verse 9. What can you do to receive forgiveness for your sin?
- Read John 2:1. Is it possible not to sin? Why or why not?