- This is the second “servant song” in Isaiah. Who is speaking? What is he declaring about himself in verses 1-3?
- What complaint is made in verse 4?
- How does God respond to this complaint? (vv. 7-8)
- Verse 6 is referenced in both Luke 2:32 and Acts 13:47. What are the contexts of these two passages, and what do they tell us about the identity and mission of the servant?
- What complaint is raised by God’s people (Zion) in verse 14? Has this ever been your complaint? Why?
- What assurance does God give to His people in verses 15-16? How do theses verses reference Jesus?