- Martin Luther’s 95 Theses were written to create a discussion among pastors and theologians. Why do you think it became so much more?
- What prompted Luther to post these 95 statements?
- Many people think that the Reformation was simply an anti-Catholic movement. Is this accurate?
- Romans 1:16-17 was a favorite passage of Martin Luther’s. How do you think this passage contributed to the power of the Reformation?
- How does this passage define and describe the gospel?
- Why would someone be ashamed of the gospel?
- What is the difference between Paul’s statement that the gospel “is” power, and the idea that gospel “brings” or “offers” power?
- How does someone become righteous, and what does it mean that “the righteous shall live by faith?”