- 2 Kings 18 introduces us to King Hezekiah. Read verses 1-8 and describe in your own words what kind of king he was.
- Isaiah first mentions King Hezekiah in chapter 36. Read verses 1-10 and describe the setting.
- King Hezekiah’s representatives make a request of the Assyrian commander in Isaiah 36:11 – what is it? How does the commander respond?
- Isaiah 37 describes King Hezekiah’s response to meeting with the Assyrian commander. What was it? After hearing the news, what does Hezekiah do next? (v. 14)
- In verse 21 of chapter 37, Isaiah offers Hezekiah a prophecy from God. What is it?
- In chapter 38, Hezekiah becomes ill. What does he do (verses 2-3)? How does God respond?
- In chapter 39, visitors from Babylon come to Hezekiah. What do they ask of him? What does Hezekiah do?
- What is Isaiah’s prophecy (39:5-7)? What did Hezekiah think about it? Was he right?